Thursday 19 May 2011

MILTON MALSOR: Primary school kids' park poetry

Three primary school pupils have won a competition to pay homage to Milton Malsor's new Village Park.
The facility was opened on May Day Bank Holiday Monday (May 2).
And on Monday, Milton Malsor Parish Council used its website to publish the winning entries to a poetry competition to honour the moment.
The winners, from Milton Malsor Parochial Primary School, were Euan Bassett, 8, Florence Deeks, 5, and Georgina Deeks, 7. Their poems can be read in full below or by clicking here:

Euan Bassett, aged 8
Millions of birds tweeting their song
Imagining games you can play all day long
Look at the flowers Growing in the spring
Trenches you hide in when you play hide and seek
On and off, on and off on the swinging monkey bars
Nocturnal animals sleeping at night

Picture a picnic in the glistening grass
A lush green grass
Round and round on the roundabout
Kites flying high in the kites

Florence Deeks, aged 5
I love playing on the sparkly new toys
I like going down the big slide
I love the bump at the end of the zip wire
Thank you for my new park
I love it there

Georgina Deeks, aged 7
I love people going down the slide with me
All the toys are so sparkly
I like having picnics there
All the food and drink we share
Kids like going high
On the swings they almost fly
Friends laughing and having fun
Flowers growing in the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment